When a man is trying to maintain excellent penis care and keep his tool looking and feeling great, he has a small arsenal of things that help him do so. In addition to a good penis health crème and a dedicated cleanser meant for his sensitive skin, a man should also have a healthy collection of condoms to help ensure he never goes without one during a sexual encounter.
Condoms not only protect against unwanted pregnancy, but also against sexually transmitted infections that could wreak havoc on a man’s penis and his life in general. But there are many facts about condoms that men don’t know, and that can drastically decrease their effectiveness. Here’s what a guy must know about the rubber he uses for his penis during those intimate encounters.
1) Use a condom every time. This means every single time, not just when it feels as though a partner might be “risky.” The only exception to this rule is in a truly monogamous relationship where there is a deep trust, and both partners have been tested and found to have a clean bill of health.
2) Store them properly. Never carry a condom in the wallet, and don’t keep them in the car. The heat from the vehicle, as well as the pressure from the wallet and the body heat when wearing it close, can affect the quality of the material. Condoms should be carried only in the pocket for brief periods of time.
3) Watch the expiration date. Condoms really do expire! They lose their effectiveness after the expiration date on the package. The last thing a man wants is a malfunctioning condom, or one that bdsm 香港 has a smaller percentage of effectiveness.
4) Just use one of them. Though it might be tempting to “double up” on condom use by wrapping the penis in two of them at a time, that’s not a good idea. That leads to added friction on both condoms, which can cause them both to fail. However, it’s also important to consider that if a man is tempted to double up, should he be having sex with that person anyway?
5) Learn to use them properly. Condoms roll down one way; don’t try to roll them the other way. Squeeze the reservoir tip shut as the condom is rolled down, to help hold the sperm inside it. Use it only when the penis is fully hard and ready, and roll the condom all the way down, to help ensure that it covers the entire shaft and thus provides the best possible protection.
6) Never use them more than once. It’s not okay to use a condom for a second round. It’s designed to withstand a single use, not repeated ones. Besides that, removing the condom and then putting it back on allows bodily fluids to move to places they shouldn’t be, thus rendering the condom practically useless.
7) Don’t spread the wealth. If a man is moving between different entrances of the body – for instance, going from vaginal to anal sex – he should use a different condom each time. This is the for the partner’s benefit, to help decrease the risk of infection. If a man is lucky enough to be in bed with more than one partner, he should always use a different condom for each partner, to help avoid the spread of bodily fluids and potential infections.
8) Novelty condoms are for entertainment only. Condoms that have vivid colors, flavorings of sorts, or even those that glow in the dark should be seen as entertainment items, and used as such. Never rely on them as if they were a “real” condom.
9) Always use a water based lube. Oil-based lubes can break down the latex in the typical condom, so reach for lube that has water as a base. It’s always a good idea to use a bit of lube to help reduce friction and make sure the condom will last.
10) Remove the condom immediately. Once the fun is done, remove the condom. Do this while the penis is still hard; going soft can make the condom slip off inside a partner, and that can negate the safety the condom gave everyone involved.